Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Grandpa Fitzgerald

On November 20th 2010 My Sweet Grandpa passed away. For me it was very unexpected. I knew that he had had some problems with his eyes but thats all I thought was wrong. On Halloween he wasen't feeling very well he thought he was just getting a cold, his throat hurt and he was unusually tired. Well things got worse each day. My Grandpa was a walker and one morning he went out to walk and he made it to the end of the driveway and had to turn around because his legs were killing him. They decided to go to the hospital and run some tests come to find out he had had 12 stroks. They kept him there and a week later he passed.
He was married before my Grandma to a lady named Alta, she passed away years ago, but together they had 6 kids. When he met my Grandma her husband had passed away years earlier on Christmas Eve of Cancer. My grandma had 4 kids so together they had 10 kids most of them were older and moved away.
I have so many fun memories of him. One of the ones that I will always remember
is when he would let me put fake nails on him countless times. What grandpa would let you do that:) My siblings and I loved riding in his tractor, help feed the sheep, gnplay in the sheep camp and going on walks to the stop sign and back. Another really funny thing Cody and I did more than once was we would pretend we were cops and pull him over for speeding while he was peacefully watching tv in his chair. We'd pull out our paper and pen and write him a ticket for 5 dollars and he would give it to us. We thought we were pretty tricky.
I Loved him so much and looked forward to our chats about boys,his stories about Jordan High School where we both attended and much more, Grandpa you will be greatly missed.

3 comments:

Just the 3 of us said...

He sounds like an awesome grandpa! you are very lucky to have had him in your life and all those great memories. hugs and loves!

Bliss said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. Wait, I hate it when people say that. It makes no sense at all. But, he sounds like a wonderful person and I wish him happy times in heaven.

Mike and Lisa said...

Hey Nicole. It is Lisa (cousin) what a great tribute to Grandpa Jack. I wish I would of thought of the idea of giving him speeding tickets...extra cash is alway great!! My mom said you were expecting. Congrats! Hope all is going well.